Synopses & Reviews
- Academic vocabulary introduced with clear, age-appropriate definitions
- Correlates to science curriculum standards
- Leveled text reviewed by a reading consultant and a science curriculum consultant
- Close photo-text match builds comprehension
- Colorful diagrams and charts to aid understanding
- Glossary, Index
- Sources of further information
Oil, Gas, and Coal: Our lives would be very different without oil, gas, and coal. These fossil fuels help heat our homes, turn on our lights, and power our cars and trucks. But they also damage our environmentand they wont last forever. Learn how we use these energy sources today and find out how we might use them with cleaner sources of energy in the future.
Sometimes big things come in tiny packages. Atoms are the smallest forms of matter, but they can release huge amounts of energy. Today, about 20 percent of our electricity comes from nuclear power. Learn we use nuclear power today and how scientists are working to make it a safer energy source for the future.