Synopses & Reviews
Oracle is the leading developer of database software, and the Oracle certifications have long been the standard for professional Database Administrators.
Oracle 12c OCPs need to have an understanding of the following:
• Database Architecture and ASM
• Configuring for Recoverability
• Using the RMAN Recovery Catalog
• Configuring Backup Specifications
• Using RMAN to Create Backups
• Performing User-Managed Backup and Recovery
• Using RMAN to Perform Recovery
• Using RMAN to Duplicate a Database
• Performing Tablespace Point-in-Time Recovery
• Monitoring and Tuning RMAN
• Using Flashback Technology
• Additional Flashback Operations
• Diagnosing the Database
• Managing Memory
• Managing Database Performance
• Space Management
• Managing Resources
• Automating Tasks with the Scheduler
• Administering the Scheduler
Focusing 100% on the exam objectives, the OCP: Oracle Database 12c Administrator Certified Professional Study Guide is designed for those who feel they are ready to attempt this challenging exam. Book will also contain a Workbook Exercise Appendix, to prepare the readers for the hands-on component they need as part of their certification.
Readers will have access to a robust set of additional study tools, including the Sybex Test Engine featuring preassessmenet and chapter review questions, and two bonus practice exams. Tools also include over 100 electronic flashcards and a searchable PDF of a Glossary of Terms.
An updated guide for an updated certification exam!
As the most popular database software in the world, Oracle Database 12c has been updated for the first time in nearly six years and the changes are significant. This study guide reviews how Oracle 12c allows multiple instances to be used simultaneously via the cloud. You'll sharpen your skills to prepare for the three levels of certification: Oracle Certified Associate, Oracle Certified Professional, and Oracle Certified Master. Workbook exercise appendix, test engine, chapter review questions, electronic flashcards, searchable PDF glossary, and two bonus practice exams all help to enhance your preparation to take the Oracle 12c exam.
- Addresses such topics as: database architecture, configuring and recoverability, configuring backup specifications, and performing user-managed backup and recovery
- Reviews how to use RMAN to create backups, perform recovery, and duplicate a database
- Looks at performing tablespace point-in-time recovery and using flashback technology
- Covers diagnosing the database, managing memory, managing resources, and automating tasks
Focusing 100 percent on the exam objectives, OCP: Oracle Database 12c Administrator Certified Professional Study Guide is designed for those who feel they are ready to attempt this challenging exam.