Synopses & Reviews
- Third edition
- This guide explores an extraordinarily beautiful country which at the same time has enormous strategic importance within the region
- Comprehensive study of the country's religion, art and architecture
- Literary excerpts provide an insight into a culture little known in the West.
- Detailed section on local food, wine and Georgian hospitality
- Overview of business environment
- Authoritative history of Georgia from tribal rule to national independence
- Useful websites
- 101 color photographs
- 22 maps and plans
About the Author
Roger Rosen has been fascinated by Georgia since he was a student in Leningrad in 1975. His numerous and extensive travels through Georgia, his years of research and above all his many Georgian friends have made this book possible. A writer who makes his home in New York, he is also the president of the Rosen Publishing Group. Jeffrey Jay Foxx is an ethnographic photographer who has been documenting cultures around the world for three decades. Among his books are Living Maya, and The Turquoise Trail: Native American Jewelry and Culture of the American Southwest. His photographs have appeared in many publications, including the New York Times and National Geographic. His most recent book is The Maya Textile Tradition.