Synopses & Reviews
Off-Flavors in Aquaculture discusses types of off-flavors, analytical detection methods for off-flavor compounds, and pre-harvest and post-harvest management practices for preventing and dealing with off-flavor in aquaculture products such as catfish, shellfish, shrimp, tilapia, and trout.
Table of Contents
1. Off-Flavors in Aquaculture: An Overview, Kevin K. Schrader and Agnes M. Rimando
2. Economic Impact of Off-Flavor to the U.S. Catfish Industry, Terrill R. Hanson
3. Catfish Off-Flavors and Their Elimination, Joan M. King and Tameka Dew
4. Off-Flavor in Pond-Cultured Marine Shrimp, Claude E. Boyd
5. Off-Flavor Problems and a Potential Solution within the U.K. Trout Industry, Russell F. Robertson and Linda A. Lawton
6. Natural and Waterborne Petroleum Hydrocarbons in Marine Sentinel Blue Mussels, Robert G. Ackman and Shengying Zhou
7. Effect of an Artificial Diet on Lipid, Free Amino Acid, and Carotenoid Composition of Green Sea Urchin Gonads, Chandrika M. Liyana-Pathirana and Fereidoon Shahidi
8. Storage of Off-Flavors in Adipocytes of Salmon Muscle, Shengying Zhou and Robert G. Ackman
9. Ecophysiology of Cyanobacteria: Implications for Off-Flavor Management in Pond Aquaculture, John A. Hargreaves
10. Copper Sulfate to Manage Cyanobacterial Off-Flavors in Pond-Raised Channel Catfish, Craig S. Tucker and John A. Hargreaves
11. Microbial Algicides: Potential for Management of Cyanobacteria That Cause Off-Flavor in Aquaculture, H. Lynn Walker
12. Biological Control of Off-Flavor Cyanobacteria, Peter W. Perschbacher
13. Secondary Metabolites from Plants and Marine Organisms as Selective Anti-Cyanobacterial Agents, Dale G. Nagle et al.
14. Natural Algicides for the Control of Cyanobacterial-Related Off-Flavor in Catfish Aquaculture, Kevin K. Schrader
15. Applications of an Instrumental Method for the Analysis of Off-Flavors in Fresh Water Aquaculture, Casey C. Grimm and Paul V. Zimba
16. Major Causes of Shrimp Spoilage and Methods for Assessment, Russell Bazemore et al.
17. Off-Flavor in Nile Tilapia(Oreochromis niloticus), Jirawan Yamprayoon and Athapol Noomhorm