Synopses & Reviews
Office 2013 On Demand is built from the ground up for today's beginning-to-intermediate-level Officeuser. Like every book in the On Demand Series, it teaches visually, using an easy, friendly, full-color format designed to "show you how," instead of "telling you how." But that's not all. This book:
* Combines step-by-step training with quick-reference material users can rely on long after they've mastered the core skills they need
* Provides easy-to-follow task-based coverage of the techniques you'll use most often, presenting most tasks in just one or two pages
* Offers in-depth coverage of all new MCAS (Microsoft Certified Application Specialist) and MCAP (Microsoft Certified Application Professional) exam objectives, so you can use it as a study guide to enhance your job prospects or current career
* Provides additional end-of-chapter workshops, plus even more hands-on projects online
* Includes a complete practical troubleshooting guide
* Helps you upgrade by presenting New Feature icons, plus a detailed list of new features indexed to the pages where they're covered
Simply put, no other book offers beginning-to-intermediate-level Officeusers this much simplicity, usable content, flexibility, and value.
This guide to Office 2013 provides new users with practicalinstruction on completing common tasks with Microsoft's popular productivity software suite. Functioning as both a guide and an offthe shelf reference work, the volume covers each part of the Office 2013 collection, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook,and Publisher, and explores general instructions for handling data and creating and managing documents with each software tool. Eachcommon office task is presented on either a single or double page with step-by-step instruction, annotated screen shots and highlightedtips and tricks. The work also functions as a trainer for the Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) examination and information onimportant techniques relevant to the test are noted throughout. Access to additional online tutorials and other resources is provided.Annotation ©2014 Book News, Inc., Portland, OR (booknews.com)
About the Author
Steve Johnson has written more than 80 books on a variety of computer software, including Adobe Edge Animate, Adobe Photoshop CS6, Adobe Dreamweaver CS6, Adobe InDesign CS6, Adobe Illustrator CS6, Adobe Flash Professional CS5, Microsoft Windows 8, Microsoft Office 2010 and 2007, Microsoft Office 2008 for the Macintosh, and Apple OS X Mountain Lion. In 1991, after working for Apple Computer and Microsoft, Steve founded Perspection, Inc., which writes and produces software training. When he is not staying up late writing, he enjoys coaching baseball, playing golf, gardening, and spending time with his wife, Holly, and three children, JP, Brett, and Hannah. Steve and his family live in Northern California, but can also be found visiting family all over the western United States.