Synopses & Reviews
The Official® Price Guide to American Arts & Crafts
is the one-volume encyclopedia to help you identify and evaluate your entire Arts & Crafts collection. Written by David Rago and Bruce Johnson, two of the most respected experts in the Arts & Crafts field, this indispensable book is packed with:
• Period names like Gustav Stickley, Limbert, George Ohr, Grueby, Fulper, Rookwood, Dirk Van Erp, Roycroft, Gustave Baumann, and many, many more.
• Detailed descriptions, price listings, and brief histories of every kind of object, artist, and major manufacturer of furniture, pottery, metalware, lighting, textiles, and color woodblock prints.
• Crucial information on how to easily identify and date hundreds of Arts & Crafts pieces.
• Insider tips on how to buy, sell, and care for your collection as well as how to detect reproductions and clever fakes
• Hundreds of photographs and manufacturers' shop marks.
Now in an all-new third edition, this guide features every major artist, object, and manufacturer of the Arts and Crafts period and lists the most current prices for their works. 330 photos.
About the Author
owns the auction house David Rago Auctions and has appeared frequently as an appraiser on PBS's Antiques Roadshow
. The author of five books, he publishes two quarterly magazines. He lives with his wife in New Jersey.
BRUCE JOHNSON hosts the National Arts & Crafts Conference and Antiques Show at the historic Grove Park Inn each February and has written eight books and hundreds of articles on the Arts & Crafts movement. He lives with his two sons in Asheville, North Carolina.