Synopses & Reviews
Americas best-selling annual publication is also the most beloved. A reference book that reads like a magazine, the Almanac contains “everything under the Sun, including the Moon”—facts, feature articles, and advice that are “useful, with a pleasant degree of humor.”
The 2013 edition, which marks the publications 221st anniversary, will feature
• weather predictions for every day and climatic trends for each season, plus hints of how a low sunspot cycle could influence conditions in the coming years
• the most accurate astronomical data in the solar system, with best-viewing recommendations for every month
• safe and easy home remedies for each seasons most common—and uncomfortable—aches and ailments
• fail-safe gardening tips to ensure a hefty harvest, ideas for using vegetable plants as ornamentals, plus gardening by the Moon
• delicious recipes for homebaked cakes, cookies, and pies; plus readers best bacon dishes
• amusing and enlightening articles on raising children, kisses, and why pets bite (and how to stop them)
and much, much more!
Added value this year:
• 80 full-color pages
• full-color national weather maps of winter and summer forecasts
About the Author
America's best-selling annual publication, with facts, feature articles, and advice that are "useful, with a pleasant degree of humor."