Synopses & Reviews
Your passport to a successful and rewarding career
Are you looking for the latest information to open the door to the career of your dreams? The nation's largest career books series, McGraw-Hills Opportunities in . . . series gives you the inside scoop on more than 100 professions as well as on all the essential aspects of your potential career, no matter how specialized the field. From the latest training requirements to current salary statistics to the lowdown on life on the job, each book is packed with comprehensive, up-to-date information to help you confidently pursue the profession that's right for you!
In this revised edition of Opportunities in Allied Health Careers, you'll find:
- Overview of the wide range of jobs in the allied health industry, from EMT to dental assistant to physical therapy worker
- Tips on determining whether a career in allied health is truly for you
- Close look at the state of this fast-growing industry, as well as job opportunities and earning potential
- Valuable information on education and training requirements
- Realistic descriptions of everyday life on the job from those already in the business
- Thorough listing of schools, colleges, universities, and related organizations in the U.S. and Canada
Perfect for anyone from high-school students to career changers, this comprehensive, no-nonsense guide takes the stress out of launching a career thats both satisfying and financially rewarding. Here you'll find ample expert advice to make an informed, intelligent choice about your career--and your future.
Opportunities In . . . series gives you valuable career insight into your job field of choice!
The most comprehensive career book series available, Opportunities In . . . explores a vast range of professions. In "Opportunities in Allied Health Careers," you will find: The latest information on the field Training and education requirements you will need Salary statistics for different positions Up-to-date professional and Internet resources And much more
About the Author
Dr. Alex Kacen has worked as a career education consultant for the state of Indiana and evaluator for the national career education program in Puerto Rico. In addition to more than 25 articles on career development, he wrote a book on career transition, a subject for which he was a featured guest on a five-part ABC-TV series. He is the director of the Career Directions Center in San Antonio.