Synopses & Reviews
Learn the essentials of using Oracle8i on a network.
Get step-by-step details on implementing Net8 - the Oracle8i mode of networking.
Oracle8i Networking 101 explains how interactions over a network take place, describes the hardware and software required, and how all the components interface to produce
successful communications between computers and databases. Step-by-step procedures illustrated by screen shots demonstrate precisely how to configure on Oracle8i network. Details on Internet protocols and network encrytion are also included.
- Determine the hardware and software components required for an Oracle network
- Configure Oracle clients and servers to communicate using Net8
- Configure Oracle Names servers
- Make us of configuration tools, including Net8 Assitant, Net8 Configuration Assistant, and the Connection Manager
- Support large networks with multi-threading and client load balancing
- Use Oracle WebDB, internet Application Server (iAS), and Internet Directory server
- Handle security and troublehsooting
Written by an Oracle DBA and authorized by Oracle Corporation, this hands-on resource shows you everything you need to know to plan and set up an Oracle8i networking environment.
Designed expressly for the beginner, Oracle8i Networking 101 teaches the critical topics necessary to run Oracle8i on a network.