Synopses & Reviews
Create Powerful, Flexible Applications with SQLJ
Take advantage of greater programming capabilities with SQLJ--a standard language specification that embeds SQL statements in Java--in the Oracle9i environment. Officially authorized by Oracle Corporation, this authoritative resource explains how to develop hosted applications, achieve remarkable scalability, implement real-time business intelligence features, and reach a new level of programming functionality. Get comprehensive coverage of SQLJ programming techniques, including SQL programming and development, SQLJ stored programs, triggers, and object-relational processing. Oracle9i SQLJ Programming will help you control each piece of the development process. Discover the benefits of Oracle's highly developed SQL-embedded Java programming standard.
- Develop SQLJ programs, applets, stored procedures, and database triggers
- Build object-oriented applications to access SQL databases on any Java-compatible platform
- Manage multiple database connections with SQLJ
- Tune SQL and SQLJ source code to improve performance
- Learn SQLJ programming essentials, such as executing commands, statements, and transaction processing
- Distribute business and scientific object components over networks
- Deploy SQLJ components with Java Remote Method Invocation (RMI), Enterprise JavaBeans (EJB), and CORBA objects
- Connect to databases and run programs using JDBC drivers
- Use the JDBC 2.0 LOB (BLOB and CLOB) types and the Oracle BFILE data type in SQLJ
- Convert Java streams to SQLJ Streams to communicate with the Oracle database.
- Develop multi-threaded applications with SQLJ
Table of Contents
Part I: Basic Oracle9i SQLJ.
Chapter 1: Introduction to Oracle9i SQLJ.
Chapter 2: SQLJ Program Development.
Chapter 3: Basic SQLJ Programming.
Part II: Advanced SQLJ for Relational Processing.
Chapter 4: Developing SQLJ Stored Programs and Triggers.
Chapter 5: Advanced SQLJ Deployment.
Chapter 6: Advanced SQLJ Functionality.
Chapter 7: Advanced SQLJ Features.
Part III: SQLJ and Object Deployment.
Chapter 8: Object-Relational Processing Using SQLJ.
Chapter 9: SQLJ Business and Scientific Object Deployment.
Part IV: Effective Use of SQLJ.
Chapter 10: SQLJ Applications: Performance Tuning.
Chapter 11: Oracle9i Development Tools.
Part V: Appendixes.
A: Oracle SQL Basics.
B: Java Basics.
C: Introduction to Java Database Connectivity (JDBC).
D: SQLJ Quick Reference Guide.