Synopses & Reviews
Maximize the New and Improved Management Capabilities
Install, configure, and administer Oracle Application Server 10g and take full advantage of its flexible architecture. This exclusive Oracle Press book explains how to manage business applications, portals, and Web sites in the grid computing environment. Youll learn how to use all the administration features to their full potential, streamline management, improve resource utilization, and deliver higher functionality in the enterprise.
- Configure and manage the Oracle Application Server 10g infrastructure
- Administer and maintain the Oracle HTTP Server (OHS)
- Minimize the transmission of redundant data using the Oracle Application Server 10g Web Cache
- Configure the server to support Java and J2EE applications
- Handle backup and recovery
- Manage Oracle Container for Java (OC4J) with Oracle Enterprise Manager
- Connect applications to the database using JDBC, TopLink, and Entity Enterprise JavaBeans
- Take advantage of the built-in high availability features
- Monitor, tune, and load balance the server
- Implement security measures in all server components
Oracle9iAS is Oracle's application server technology that handles all application operations between users and an organization's back-end business applications or databases. Developed with, reviewed, and endorsed by Oracle's Application Server team, this is the first book to detail Oracle9iAS for the burgeoning market place.
This work serves as an architectural and technical reference on how to use Oracle9iAS technology to web-enable Oracle databases for application server systems. It focuses on the use of Oracle9iAS technology to provide a handbook for all areas of application server issues.
From the exclusive publisher of Oracle Press books, here is an architectural and technical reference on how to use Oracle Application Server 10g to Web-enable Oracle databases for application server systems. Youll find coverage of installation, configuration, and tuning, using Java with Oracle Application Server 10g, and much more.
About the Author
Don Burleson (Kittrell, NC) has 20 years of experience as a database administrator and has written 9 books on database management including Oracle SAP Administration (O¿Reilly), High-Performance Oracle8 Tuning, High-Performance Oracle Data Warehousing, High-Performance Oracle Database Applications (Coriolis) and Oracle8 Tuning, German Edition (Sybex). Don has taught more than 100 University courses and regularly conducts in-house Oracle training.
Table of Contents
1: Oracle Application Server 10g Architecture and Administration
2: The Oracle Application Server 10g Infrastructure
3: Installing Oracle Application Server 10g
4: Using the Oracle HTTP Server (OHS)
5: Web Cache Administration
6: Using J2EE in the Application Server 10g
7: Oracle Containers for J2EE
8: Database Connections and TopLink
9: High Availability
10: Performance Tuning
11: Backup and Recovery
12: Oracle Application Server 10g Security