Synopses & Reviews
The only Oracle Press guide to linking and embedding Oracle CRM On Demand reports
Oracle CRM On Demand Embedded Analytics provides you with a justification and process for embedding analytic reports throughout the Oracle CRM On Demand user interface. The techniques presented in this Oracle Press guide will help end users react and adapt to business conditions in a real-time fashion, as embedded reports effectively push business data to the screens that the users are already accessing in the course of normal business.
Each chapter describes embedded analytic usage and capabilities. Real-world case examples for different types of embedded analytics provide a framework for tested usage of hyperlinked reports, Web Applet reports, Home Page reports, and gadgets. Formatting tips explain how to make an embedded report look like a natural part of the user interface.
Oracle CRM On Demand Embedded Analytics
- Written by a recognized Oracle CRM On Demand expert who has developed training courses for Oracle, regularly blogs, and speaks at conferences
- Helps you extend Oracle CRM On Demand by making reports available via custom links and embedding reports onto home pages, into Web Applets, and more
- Features real-world case examples for different types of embedded analytics
Link and Embed Oracle CRM On Demand Reports
Integrate business intelligence directly into day-to-day business processes by presenting analytic reports to end users in applications. Oracle CRM On Demand Embedded Analytics shows you how to link and embed reports throughout Oracle CRM On Demand. This Oracle Press guide explains how to plan, design, and develop reports; make them available through hyperlinks; and embed reports in a variety of locations easily accessible to end users. Real-world examples and time-saving tips are included throughout this practical resource.
- Navigate the report development environment within Oracle CRM On Demand
- Configure administrative settings to access report development and embedding tools
- Design reports for linking and embedding in applications
- Format columns, filter data, and add and edit views, including pivot tables and pivot charts
- Add link functionality to Oracle CRM On Demand and your reports
- Embed reports using HTML and URL encoding
- Display reports inside dashboards and on home page screens
- Embed reports inside other reports
- Add reports and dashboards to custom Web tabs and desktop applications
- Include external sites in reports
About the Author
Michael D. Lairson is Manager of Business Intelligence Services with Intelenex, an Oracle partner, and works directly with customers implementing CRM On Demand. He is the author of Oracle CRM On Demand Reporting and Oracle CRM On Demand Dashboards, both from Oracle Press, and is considered the foremost resource for report development and training in Oracle CRM On Demand reporting. Michael worked for Siebel Systems/Oracle for nearly eight years where he played a key role in the development of the Advanced Analytics Workshop training offered by Oracle.
Table of Contents
Getting Started with Embedded Analytics; Chapter 2.
Designing Reports for Embedding; Chapter 3.
Linking Reports; Chapter 4.
Embedding Reports; Index