Synopses & Reviews
The best-selling introduction to Oracle8i officially authorized by Oracle Corporation.
Learn to use all the features of Oracle8i--the most complete and comprehensive platform for building and deploying Internet and enterprise applications. Oracle8i A Beginner's Guide explains the core concepts and new tools included in this fully Web-enabled release of the most powerful database management system available. Inside, you'll learn to set up, query, manage, and tune your Oracle8i database.
Written by Oracle experts and fully authorized by Oracle Corporation, this official guide shows you how to:
- Understand Oracle8i architecture, including the hierarchy of objects--from tables and views to roles and grants
- Install Oracle8i using the new Universal Installer
- Create tables, query, generate reports, and develop applications with SQL and PL/SQL
- Tune your database for optimal performance with the Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) 2.0
- Handle data warehousing and backup and recovery
- Build, deploy, and manage Web database applications and content-driven Web sites with WebDB
- Use the industry standard structured query language (SQL)
- Develop and deploy enterprise Java applications with JDeveloper
Packed with expert information on the Oracle8i Server and all its components, Oracle8i A Beginner's Guide is the only book you'll need to get up and running on the database for Internet computing.
Learn to use all the features of Oracle8i using this best-selling introduction to Oracle8i.
Table of Contents
What Is Oracle?
The "i" Oracle8i.
Oracle8i and Object Relational Technology.
Application Tuning 101.
Advanced Application Tuning.
Export and Import.
Backup and Recovery.
Data Warehouse Features.