Synopses & Reviews
This workbook with CD features SpartanViewTM and SpartanBuildTM software. It includes a software tutorial and numerous challenging exercises that readers can tackle to solve problems involving structure building and analysis, using the tools included in the two pieces of Spartan software. Included are the molecular model files for the activities. Free when packaged with selected Pearson textbooks.
A useful workbook for chemistry courses.
In a highly accessible fashion, this top-selling book bridges the gap between conceptual understanding and actual application--while strongly emphasizing the development of problem-solving skills. The book focuses on traditional organic chemistry topics and offers up-to-date aspects of spectroscopy, relevant photographs, and many applications to polymer chemistry integrated throughout the book.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction and Review.
2. Structure and Properties of Organic Molecules.
3. Structure and Stereochemistry of Alkanes.
4. The Study of Chemical Reactions.
6. Alkyl Halides: Nucleophilic Substitution and Elimination.
7. Structure and Synthesis of Alkenes.
8. Reactions of Alkenes.
10. Structure and Synthesis of Alcohols.
11. Reactions of Alcohols.
12. Infrared Spectroscopy and Mass Spectrometry.
13. Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy.
14. Ethers, Epoxides, and Sulfides.
15. Conjugated Systems, Orbital Symmetry, and Ultraviolet Spectroscopy.
16. Aromatic Compounds.
17. Reactions of Aromatic Compounds.
18. Ketones and Aldehydes.
20. Carboxylic Acids.
21. Carboxylic Acid Derivatives.
22. Alpha Substitutions and Condensations of Enols and Enolate Ions.
23. Carbohydrates and Nucleic Acids.
24. Amino Acids, Peptides, and Proteins.
26. Synthetic Polymers.
Answers to Selected Problems.