Synopses & Reviews
Japanese gardens have long been appreciated for providing beautiful, tranquil spaces that evoke feelings of sanctuary, often in short supply these days. This practical guide to Japanese gardening teaches you how to:
• Use centuries-old garden design techniques to create tranquil spaces that evoke a feeling of sanctuary.
• Select and arrange plants and ornaments in a traditional design while at the same time emphasizing your personal tastes.
• Calm your busy lifestyle, inspire peace of mind and reflect nature to create serenity.
These days, people crave gardens that fill the soul and comfort the body. Japanese gardening answers those yearnings.
This book demonstrates how to:
- Create a feeling of sanctuary
- Make tranquil spaces
- Arrange plants and ornaments
Use centuries-old garden design techniques:
- Emphasize personal taste
- Calm a busy lifestyle
- Inspire peace of mind
Reflect nature to create serenity:
- Appropriate plant selections
- Traditional design
- Contemporary looks
A practical guide to Japanese gardening throughout North America.
Demonstrates how to use Japanese gardening techniques to make tranquil spaces that evoke feelings of sanctuary.
Describes how to select and arrange plants and ornaments using traditional design while emphasizing personal taste.
Table of Contents
Getting started -- Designing a Japanese garden -- Elements of Japanese gardens -- Plants for Japanese gardens.