Synopses & Reviews
In order to understand the news, a context of world geography and history is essential. That is why The Onion
is publishing a world atlas: to help us. News that now makes no sense will now make sense. Thus begins a new age of enlightenment.
OUR DUMB WORLD contains, among other things:
- News and historic facts from other nations
- Historic timelines for countries
- Rejected flag designs
- The earth broken down and described, from its molten core to the outermost sphere, and the location of heaven
- Demographic, economic and other -ic data about each country's people, industries, and habits
Every country will be categorized in a number of ways, including:
- Ethnic cleanliness
- Level of Bono activity
- Prop comedians per 1,000 live birds
- Yearly income in wide-screen televisions
- The Monkeys they got
- Where it sees itself in five years
- Color boxes for average skin color
- Chart listing benefits of invading said country
- Most annoying handicrafts
OUR DUMB WORLD is the first original Onion audiobook in eight years--a gut-busting send-up in which no nation escapes unscathed.
The definitive fake world atlas is a repository of information about every country in the world, as well as the world itself, as well as directions to tonights party at Ericas. Abridged. 3 CDs.
About the Author
Every week, three million readers turn to the world's most popular news organization for a much-needed dose of Onion news and entertainment coverage. In a history spanning fifteen years, six popular books, and ten Webby Awards, The Onion has attracted legions of loyal fans drawn to its fearless reporting and scathing commentary on world events, human behavior, and journalistic convention.