Synopses & Reviews
TAKE CHARGE OF YOUR CHOLESTEROL TODAY!
It's a simple truth-lower your cholesterol level, and you'll live longer, reduce your risk of heart attack or stroke, and help stop heart disease if you already have it. And you may not need high-tech interventions or expensive prescription medications. For many people, simple changes in diet, exercise, and lifestyle will do the trick.
This guide from the editors of Prevention Health Books can be your personal tool for building a strong, healthy heart-starting now. Inside you'll discover:
* How the combinations of stress and cholesterol can set the stage for heart disease
* The bone-building mineral that could reduce heart-disease risk by more than 20 percent
* The good news about eggs-they may not be as bad for cholesterol as most people think
* How to combat high cholesterol at every meal, with heart-healthy recipes that don't sacrifice taste
A 14-day menu planner that will shape up your cholesterol numbers...a sure-fire diet solution!
OUTSMART HIGH CHOLESTEROL
LOWERING CHOLESTEROL IS EASY!!!
DO YOU KNOW...
* It's not butter...it's better! Discover the astonishing heart benefits of olive oil and the new stanol-containing margarine.
* You don't have to run a marathon...just a little gentle exercise every day can substantially improve your cholesterol profile.
* You don't have to eat tofu...these days you can choose from dozens of soy-based products to send your cholesterol south.
* You don't have to act like a nut...eat them instead. Both almonds and walnuts contain heart-healthy fats that can keep your arteries clear. So indulge!
* You can pop a [vitamin] pill...taking just a few supplements can make your "bad" cholesterol levels plummet-and energize you too.
* You can break away from fast food-with Outsmart High Cholesterol, you can switch to healthier, more satisfying fare. It's simpler than you think, and it will take off unwanted pounds, too!
From the editors of "Prevention" Health Books comes this personal tool for achieving heart-healthy cholesterol levels without high-tech interventions or expensive prescription medications. Includes information on power foods, exercises, and a menu planner. Original.
About the Author
, America's #1 Choice for Healthy Living, is the single most popular health magazine in the country and is the third most trusted source for health advice in the country, trailing only the doctor and pharmacist in authority.