Synopses & Reviews
Currently there are NO OTHER video game career guides with over 100 interviews from current, working game professionals. They are fully candid and give readers an unvarnished look inside the industry. The biggest secret? It's actually work.
*Written by Insiders - The authors are a professional, registered Career Counselor and two game writers who have worked on over 1000 game reviews, 70 strategy guides, and scripted storylines for over five different video games.
*Total Coverage - The authors will be interviewing over 100 professionals, all of them in different jobs within the video game industry. This will give readers a complete overview of what jobs there are in the industry and which ones may be suited to their talents. Rather than a vague list or a focus on programming and development, Paid to Play will blanket the various fields that are utilized in the world of video games.
Complied from interviews with over 100 game industry professionals, each chapter covers a job in the games industry, such as Journalist or 3D Artist. For each job classification, readers will learn:
- What exactly do you do?
- How many hours a week do you work?
- How many hours a week do you spend playing games for your job and for fun?
- Where do you work (at home, in an office, etc.)?
- How did you get the job (and how do / get the job), from education to geographical location to past experience?
- What are the best and worst parts of the job?
- What resources and technology do you have at your disposal?
- What is your annual salary range, and what kind of a car do you drive (the questions everyone really wants the answers to)?