Synopses & Reviews
Retouch, reshape, and re-create your graphics for amazing images
Create great graphics and Web-friendly images, or fix photos that need help
Want your photos and graphics to be picture-perfect? This book is your buddy. It will help you capture and scan images, create a virtual painting, repair damaged, dark, or blurry photos, add Aunt Louise to the picture and get the red out of Uncle Joe's eyes, and produce great prints or post your masterpieces online.
Discover how to:
- Capture pictures from paper, camera, or screen
- Size and crop photos
- Boost photo color, retouch, and fix lighting flaws
- Add shapes and text to your graphics
- Turn photographs into fine art
- Published in conjunction with the next version of Paint Shop Pro software, this easy-to-use reference shows how to edit photos and create high-quality, professional-looking graphics
- Covers how to capture images from a variety of different media-paper, camera, and screen
- More advanced topics include retouching, adjusting colors, creating artistic effects, adding layers of text and shapes, masking layers, and creating Web images
- A sixteen-page color insert features before-and-after image edits and graphics highlighting the visual effects that people can achieve
About the Author
David Kay is a writer, an engineer, an artist, and a naturalist who has written or cowritten more than a dozen computer books. William "The Ferrett" Steinmetz is a freelance Webmaster and editor.
Table of Contents
Part I: The Basics.
Chapter 1: Opening, Viewing, Managing, and Saving Image Files.
Chapter 2: Getting Bigger, Smaller, and Turned Around.
Chapter 3: Selecting Parts of an Image.
Chapter 4: Moving, Copying, and Reshaping Parts of Your Image.
Part II: Prettying Up Photographs.
Chapter 5: Capturing Pictures from Paper, Camera, or Screen.
Chapter 6: Fixing Broken Pictures: Removing Scratches, Blurry Parts, and Red Eye.
Chapter 7: Adjusting Your Picture’s Brightness, Contrast, and Color.
Chapter 8: Heavy-Duty Photo Alterations: Adding People and Removing Zits.
Part III: Painting Pictures.
Chapter 9: Basic Painting, Spraying, and Filling.
Chapter 10: Advanced Painting for the Artiste.
Chapter 11: Layering Images.
Chapter 12: Adding Layers of Text or Shapes.
Chapter 13: Adding Artsy Effects.
Part IV: Taking It to the Street.
Chapter 14: Printing.
Chapter 15: Creating Web-Friendly Images.
Part V: The Part of Tens.
Chapter 16: Ten Perplexing Problems.
Chapter 17: Ten Fast Fixes for Photo Failures.
Chapter 18: Ten Topics a Little Too Advanced for the Rest of This Book.