Synopses & Reviews
• Get up to speed fast with Corel’s Painter and learn how to create imaginative artwork from your own photographs
• Highly illustrated throughout with beautiful color images and a CD packed full of photographs to help you practise your new skills
• Written for Painter version IX, but relevant for previous versions of this powerful creative software package
Discover how to get the most out of Painter and turn your photographs into exquisite works of art with this user-friendly, accessible book and CD package.
With clear, concise explanations of all the tools and techniques you need to take your skills further and covering all the brushes, papers and textures - Painter IX for Photographers will help expand your photographic and artistic horizons. Discover and master each tool with inspirational color illustrations showing you just what you can achieve at every stage.
The accompanying CD-ROM includes all the image files needed to complete the step-by-step examples in the book. Also included are 30 day trial versions of Corel Painter IX for both Windows and Macintosh and a gallery of pictures by photographic artists using Painter.
Whether you’re a complete digital imaging novice or already use Photoshop, Elements or Paint Shop Pro and want to extend your artistic capabilities with Painter - this is the book for you!
The website that accompanies the book www.painterforphotographers.co.uk provides even more images and information to ensure you get the most from this exciting, creative package.
* Get up to speed fast with Painter and learn how to create artwork from your own photographs with this complete guide
* Highly illustrated throughout with beautiful color images and a CD packed full of photographs for readers to experiment with
* Written for Painter version IX, but relevant for all versions with a Foreword by Helen Yancy - Past President, Professional Photographers of America
"This is a quality publication which very effectively covers the capabilities of a great software package. It is well laid out, with a high quality finish, excellent full colour illustrations and colour coded sections to clearly separate the chapters...Painter IX for Photographers is a book which for me makes the perfect companion to this great software package. Highly recommended." - www.kickstartnews.com
"…an easy read with lots of imagery and explanation. A great addition to those who are new to Painter IX, or those who just wish to brush up on their digital painting skills." - John Virata, DigitalProducer.com
ish to brush up on their digital painting skills." - John Virata, DigitalProducer.com
Corel?s Painter compliments Adobe Photoshop beautifully. With this user friendly and accessible book and CD package readers will learn how to get the most out of Painter to turn their photographs into exquisite works of art. Written specifically for photographers, Martin Addison gives a complete overview of the program, showing readers how to master each tool step by step. With inspirational color illustrations showing just what can be achieved at every stage. For users of Photoshop, or Elements, or Paint Shop Pro wanting to extend their artistic capabilities with Painter.
Table of Contents
Preface; Foreword; Getting started in Painter; First steps in cloning; Exploring paper textures; Dark and colored clones; Choosing brushes; Customizing Brushes; Cloning from multiple images; Layers and Montage; Watercolor, oil and pastel; Applying surface texture; Mosaics and other clones; Hand coloring and toning; Special effects; Paper libraries; Appendices