Synopses & Reviews
AT LAST, THE UPDATED EDITION OF THE BESTSELLING DIET BOOK!
"The Paleo Diet helps you lose fat, improve your health, and feel great. Why? Because the Paleo Diet works with your genetics to help you realize your natural birthright of vibrant health and wellness."
Robb Wolf, author of the bestselling The Paleo Solution
"Loren Cordain's extensive research demonstrates how modern westernized diets drastically depart from the original diet humans consumed for millions of years. In The Paleo Diet and The Paleo Diet Cookbook, Dr. Cordain shows how diets high in grains, dairy, vegetable oils, salt, and refined sugars are at odds with our genetic legacy and then shares his uncomplicated strategy for losing weight and getting healthy."
Arthur De Vany, Ph.D., author of The New Evolution Diet
Healthy, delicious, and simple, the Paleo Diet is the diet you were designed to eat. If you want to lose weightup to seventy-five pounds in six monthsor if you want to attain optimal health, The Paleo Diet will change your life now. Dr. Loren Cordain, the world's leading expert on Paleolithic nutrition, demonstrates how by eating all the lean meats and fish, fresh fruits, and nonstarchy vegetables you want, you can lose weight and prevent and treat heart disease, cancer, osteoporosis, metabolic syndrome, and many other illnesses. Incorporating all the latest breakthroughs in Paleo nutrition research, this new edition of the bestselling The Paleo Diet includes six weeks of meal plans to get you started on the Paleo path to weight loss, weight control, increased energy, and lifelong health.
Eat for better health and weight loss the Paleo way with this revised edition of the bestselling guide-over 100,000 copies sold to date!
Healthy, delicious, and simple, the Paleo Diet is the diet we were designed to eat. If you want to lose weight-up to 75 pounds in six months-or if you want to attain optimal health, The Paleo Diet will work wonders. Dr. Loren Cordain demonstrates how, by eating your fill of satisfying and delicious lean meats and fish, fresh fruits, snacks, and non-starchy vegetables, you can lose weight and prevent and treat heart disease, cancer, osteoporosis, metabolic syndrome, and many other illnesses.
- Breakthrough nutrition program based on eating the foods we were genetically designed to eat-lean meats and fish and other foods that made up the diet of our Paleolithic ancestors
- This revised edition features new weight-loss material and recipes plus the latest information drawn from breaking Paleolithic research
- Six weeks of Paleo meal plans to jumpstart a healthy and enjoyable new way of eating as well as dozens of recipes
- This bestselling guide written by the world's leading expert on Paleolithic eating has been adopted as a bible of the CrossFit movement
The Paleo Diet is the only diet proven by nature to fight disease, provide maximum energy, and keep you naturally thin, strong, and active-while enjoying every satisfying and delicious bite.
Read the book that started the Paleo Diet revolution, written by the authority, Loren Cordain, Ph.D. The book explains the science, as well as the specifics, of the successful and respected Paleo Diet.
About the Author
LOREN CORDAIN, Ph.D., is one of the top global researchers in the area of evolutionary medicine. Generally acknowledged as the world's leading expert on the Paleolithic diet, he is a professor in the Health and Exercise Science Department at Colorado State University. Dr. Cordain and his research have been featured on Dateline NBC and in the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, and other media. He is the author of The Paleo Diet and The Paleo Diet Cookbook, among other books, and makes regular media and speaking appearances worldwide.
Table of Contents
Preface to the Revised Edition.
Part One: Understanding the Paleo Diet.
1. Not Just Another Low-Carb Diet.
2. The Ground Rules for the Paleo Diet.
3. How Our Diet Went Wrong and What You Can Do about It.
Part Two: Losing Weight and Preventing and Healing Diseases.
4. Losing Weight the Paleo Diet Way.
5. Metabolic Syndrome: Diseases of Civilization.
6. Food as Medicine: How Paleo Diets Improve Health and Well-Being.
Part Three: The Paleo Diet Program.
7. Eating Great: What to Eat, What to Avoid.
8. The Paleo Diet Users Manual.
9. The Meal Plans for the Three Levels of the Paleo Diet.
10. Paleo Recipes.
11. Paleo Exercise.
12. Living the Paleo Diet.
Appendix A: Acid-Base Values of Common Foods (100-gram portions).
Appendix B: Comparison of the Total Fat in Domestic and Wild Meats.
Appendix C: Practical Implementation of Parts of the Paleo Diet on a Global Scale.