Synopses & Reviews
Includes sample scripts for every situation
The Right Phrase for Every Situation...Every Time
Performance reviews are among the most powerful and effective tools that a manager can use to motivate employees. But let's face it. Discussing and documenting a coworker's performance can set off a powder keg of personal emotions and defensive reactions. However, t doesn't have to be that way--not if you use the right words in the right situation. Perfect Phrases for Documenting Employee Problems provides hands-on solutions for hundreds of workplace scenarios. With a wide range of ready-to-use scripts and a handy problem-solving toolkit, you can address even the most difficult issues diplomatically and constructively. Learn how to:
- Find the perfect words to suit each employee review
- Document performance in the most effective way possible
- Build strong working relationships and boost morale
- Increase productivity, meet deadlines, and achieve goals
Featuring actual case studies of world-class organizations like Target, General Electric, and Microsoft, this user-friendly guide gives you all the words you need to minimize employee problems...and maximize performance.
Whether it's interviewing for a job, evaluating employee performance, setting goals for the future, or keeping customers happy, the Perfect Phrases series has the tools for precise, effective business communication. Distilling complex ideas into specific phrases that diplomatically and honestly depict the concepts at hand, this invaluable series provides:
- Ways to enhance customer service in any business
- Dialogues and scripts to practice interactions with customers or employees--tailorable to any industry or company culture
- The best answers to a wide range of interview questions
- Tips for documenting performance issues and conducting face-to-face reviews
This quick-reference tool is perfect for managers who need to find effective ways to document performance problems and then be able to offer practical, helpful feedback to those individuals.
About the Author
Anne Bruce travels the globe as a popular speaker, author, and workplace coach specializing in employee performance and development, motivation, and leadership. She also hosts her own radio program in several major media markets called Anne Bruce Life Coach.