Synopses & Reviews
- Edit and enhance images like a pro
- Fix the most common digital photo problems
- Control color and tone
- Add text and create illustrations and paintings
Create the most amazing images limited only by your imagination
It's your photo and you want to make it perfect. This book walks you through all of the techniques that give you complete control over the appearance of your images. From removing wrinkles to creating beautiful composite images, you'll quickly learn to master Photoshop.
- Breeze through the basics gain a solid understanding of essential concepts and features
- Enhance reality make your images jump off the page with great color, highlights, and shadows
- Put the pieces together create unique images and beautiful panoramas by combining your photos
- Ready, set, action streamline repetitive tasks using scripts, Actions, and the Batch command
- Paint without the mess use filters and tools to create beautiful painterly effects from your photos
Open the book and find:
- Explanations of the tools and commands you need most
- Why to shoot Raw photos
- How to adjust color and luminosity
- Ways to reduce digital noise
- Tips for creating composite images with layers, blending modes, and opacity
- Why you might not want to uninstall your earlier version of Adobe Bridge
- How to integrate your iPad into your Photoshop workflow
- Descriptions of how to use the most critical Photoshop filters
- What the book covers: Photoshop basics including explanations of the menus, panels, tools, options, and shortcuts users need most; tips for fixing common problems such as red-eye, wrinkles, blemishes, and removing people or objects from photos; information on adjusting brightness, improving color, and fixing flaws; adding shadows and highlights; working with Levels and Curves, making color look natural; taking advantage of Camera Raw; decreasing digital noise in your images; creating composite images with layers and blending modes; using vector paths and layer styles; working with channels and masks; adding text and special effects; painting in Photoshop; getting creative with filters, streamlining your work in Photoshop; optimizing images for the Web; ten things to know about HDR; and more.
- Series features: Information presented in the straightforward but fun language that has defined the Dummies series for more than twenty years.
Stretch your creativity beyond the cloud with this fully-updated Photoshop guide!
Photoshop puts amazing design and photo-editing tools in the hands of creative professionals and hobbyists everywhere, and the latest version - Photoshop CC - is packed with even more powerful tools to help you manage and enhance your images. This friendly, full-color guide introduces you to the basics of Photoshop CC and provides clear explanations of the menus, panels, tools, options, and shortcuts you'll use the most. Plus, you'll learn valuable tips for fixing common photo flaws, improving color quality, adjusting brightness, removing unwanted background elements, and more.
- Covers the new Photoshop CC release which brings even more features to over four million photographers, graphic designers, web developers, and other Photoshop professionals
- Teaches the essentials for first-time users before moving on to more advanced techniques like removing blemishes and wrinkles, creating composite images, and working with layers, filters, levels, and curves
- Walks you through adjusting brightness, enhancing color, adding shadows and highlights, decreasing digital noise, taking advantage of Camera Raw, and optimizing your images for print and the web
The sky's the limit for stunning photos and innovative images with Photoshop CC For Dummies in your design toolbox.
About the Author
Peter Bauer, a member of the Photoshop Hall of Fame, is an award-winning fine-art photographer and the Help Desk director for the National Association of Photoshop Professionals (NAPP). He has authored more than a dozen books on Photoshop, digital photography, and computer graphics, and is a contributing writer for Photoshop User and other magazines.
Table of Contents
Part I: Getting Started with Photoshop CC 7
Chapter 1: Welcome to Photoshop! 9
Chapter 2: Knowing Just Enough about Digital Images 21
Chapter 3: Taking the Chef’s Tour of Your Photoshop Kitchen 41
Chapter 4: Getting Images into and out of Photoshop 63
Part II: Easy Enhancements for Digital Images 85
Chapter 5: Adding Dark Shadows and Sparkling Highlights 87
Chapter 6: Making Color Look Natural 107
Chapter 7: The Adobe Camera Raw 8 Plug-In 135
Chapter 8: Fine-Tuning Your Fixes 163
Chapter 9: Common Problems and Their Cures 191
Part III: Creating “Art” in Photoshop 207
Chapter 10: Combining Images 209
Chapter 11: Precision Edges with Vector Paths 227
Chapter 12: Dressing Up Images with Layer Styles 251
Chapter 13: Giving Your Images a Text Message 273
Chapter 14: Painting in Photoshop 299
Chapter 15: Filters: The Fun Side of Photoshop 323
Part IV: Power Photoshop 349
Chapter 16: Streamlining Your Work in Photoshop 351
Chapter 17: Working with Video and Animation 369
Part V: The Part of Tens 383
Chapter 18: Ten Specialized Features of Photoshop CC 385
Chapter 19: Ten Reasons to Love Your Wacom Tablet 395
Chapter 20: Ten Things to Know about HDR 401