Synopses & Reviews
Create the most amazing images that are limited only by your imagination
Taking the perfect picture can be almost impossible, but editing one so it's just right is easy. This book will show you how, walking you through all the cool things you can do with Photoshop CS6. From covering up wrinkles and fixing blemishes to removing people or adding objects, you'll quickly learn how to edit your images and create the most stunning visuals imaginable!
Start with the basics — gain a solid understanding of the essential concepts and techniques that make using Photoshop much easier
Make it pop — get an image to jump off the page by adjusting the tonality so shadows are dark, highlights are light, and colors are rich
Put the pieces together — create truly unique images and panoramic scenes by combining two or more images into a single picture
Ready, set, action — streamline repetitive tasks by taking advantage of the Actions and Batch command
Paint without the mess — use filters and tools to create beautiful painterly effects from your photos
Open the book and find:
Explanations of the menus, panels, tools, and shortcuts you need most
Ways to take advantage of the Raw file format
Tips for adjusting brightness and improving color
Techniques for decreasing digital noise in your images
How to work with Levels and Curves
Ways to create composite images with layers and blending modes
What you need to know about HDR
How to integrate your iPad® into your Photoshop workflow
Edit and enhance images like a pro
Fix the most common digital photo problems
Control color and tone
Add text and create illustrations and paintings
IN FULL COLOR!
- What the book covers: Photoshop basics including explanations of the menus, panels, tools, options, and shortcuts users need most; tips for fixing common problems such as red-eye, wrinkles, blemishes, and removing people or objects from photos; information on adjusting brightness, improving color, and fixing flaws; adding shadows and highlights; working with Levels and Curves, making color look natural; taking advantage of Camera Raw; decreasing digital noise in your images; creating composite images with layers and blending modes; using vector paths and layer styles; working with channels and masks; adding text and special effects; painting in Photoshop; getting creative with filters, streamlining your work in Photoshop; optimizing images for the Web; ten things to know about HDR; and more.
- Series features: Information presented in the straightforward but fun language that has defined the Dummies series for twenty years.
The bestselling guide to the leading image-editing software, Photoshop CS6, fully updated!
Want picture-perfect photos, every time? Get up to speed on the most popular professional photo-editing software on the market: Photoshop. In this new edition of Photoshop CS6 For Dummies, expert Peter Bauer shows you how to use the latest Photoshop tools to change a background, adjust brightness, improve color, or fix flaws. Richly illustrated in full color, this edition covers all the updates in Photoshop CS6, the gold standard for image-editing programs.
Used by professional photographers, graphic designers, Web designers, and serious hobbyists, Photoshop has more than four million users worldwide.
- Photoshop is the image-editing software preferred by professional photographers and designers around the world; the latest version includes new functionality and enhanced tools
- Teaches all the basics for first-time users and advanced techniques for more experienced digital imaging professionals, including how to work with the menus, panels, tools, options, and essential shortcuts
- Covers how to fix red-eye, remove blemishes and wrinkles, remove people or objects from a photo, adjust brightness, improve color, add shadows and highlights, work with Camera Raw, decrease digital noise, create composite images, use channels and masks, work with HDR tools, and optimize images for the web
Photoshop CS6 For Dummies helps both amateur and professional Photoshop users take advantage of all the program has to offer.
The bestselling guide to the leading image-editing software, Photoshop CS6, fully updated
Want picture-perfect photos, every time? Get up to speed on the most popular professional photo-editing software on the market: Photoshop. In this new edition of Photoshop CS6 For Dummies, expert Peter Bauer shows you how to use the latest Photoshop tools to change a background, adjust brightness, improve color, or fix flaws. Richly illustrated in full color, this edition covers all the updates in the newest version of Photoshop, the gold standard for image-editing programs.
About the Author
Peter Bauer, a member of the Photoshop Hall of Fame, is an award-winning photographer and contributing writer for Photoshop User magazine. He is best known as the Help Desk Director for the National Association of Photoshop Professionals (NAPP) and has authored or coauthored more than a dozen books on Photoshop, Illustrator, and photography.
Table of Contents
Part I: Breezing through Basic Training 7
Chapter 1: Welcome to Photoshop! 9
Chapter 2: Knowing Just Enough about Digital Images 21
Chapter 3: Taking the Chef’s Tour of Your Photoshop Kitchen 41
Chapter 4: Getting Images into and out of Photoshop 63
Part II: Easy Enhancements for Digital Images 85
Chapter 5: Adding Dark Shadows and Sparkling Highlights 87
Chapter 6: Making Color Look Natural 107
Chapter 7: The Adobe Camera Raw 7 Plug-In 135
Chapter 8: Fine-Tuning Your Fixes 161
Chapter 9: Common Problems and Their Cures 189
Part III: Creating "Art" in Photoshop 203
Chapter 10: Combining Images 205
Chapter 11: Precision Edges with Vector Paths 221
Chapter 12: Dressing Up Images with Layer Styles 243
Chapter 13: Giving Your Images a Text Message 263
Chapter 14: Painting in Photoshop 287
Chapter 15: Filters: The Fun Side of Photoshop 311
Part IV: Power Photoshop 333
Chapter 16: Streamlining Your Work in Photoshop 335
Chapter 17: Working with Video and Animation 357
Part V: The Part of Tens 371
Chapter 18: Ten (or so) Things to Do with Photoshop CS6 Extended 373
Chapter 19: Ten Reasons to Love Your Wacom Tablet 383
Chapter 20: Ten Things to Know about HDR 389