Synopses & Reviews
Photoshop CS6 Unlocked is a full-color question-and-answer book for web designers who want to use Photoshop to create better looking websites.
Completely updated for Photoshop CS6, this comprehensive book covers:
- Photoshop interface tricks & shortcuts
- Basic Skills: Transparencies, rounded corners, blending images, matching colors and more
- Buttons: Creating buttons and tabs in various shapes and form factors
- Backgrounds: Making various gradient and textured backgrounds
- Creating text effects, texturing and shadowing text, wrapping text around a curve, and more
- Adjusting Images: Removing blue tints, darkening and lightening images, fixing red-eye, removing dark shadows, sharpening images, and more
- Manipulating Images: Creating fish-eye effects, removing imperfections, making product shots for ecommerce, and more
- Creating Web Interfaces: Best practice & time saving ideas including how-tos on slicing images, creating rollovers, and more
- Advanced techniques: Generating thumbnails, animated GIFs, bulk watermarking, sharing Photoshop Actions, and more
About the Author
Corrie Haffly graduated from U.C. Davis with a degree in mathematics but found web design to be much more interesting. She created her first simple HTML page in 1998, then began working for Advantrics LLC in 2000. While there, she brought their PixelMill and John Galt's Templates brands to the top of the web site template market, handled customer support, and wrote volumes of tutorials. Corrie left full-time employment in 2004 and now enjoys working at home. She and her husband live in Davis.