Synopses & Reviews
"Photo Retouching Secrets" is not another color correction book, or scanning manual. It covers only one topic: retouching images to make them look better. What type of retouching are we talking about? Thing like:
- tricks for removing red eye and then recoloring the eye to its natural color
- tricks for removing the signs of aging
- how to fix underexposed or overexposed images
- how to remove spots, rips, and tears
In "Photo Retouching Secrets" you will also learn:
- how to seamlessly splice images together
- repair damaged body parts
- remove unslightly shadows
- fix some of the other problems that digital cameras can often introduce to photos
"Photo Retouching Secrets" shows you feathering tricks, cropping and straightening tricks to save you time and frustration. If you want nothing but the tips, the tricks, and the secret inside shortcuts to make retouching images easy and fun, this book is the right one.
Attention digital photographers: as part of the new publishing partnership between New Riders and Scott Kelby and the National Association of Photoshop Professionals, were eager to present a book long overdue: An elegant-yet-concise guide to retouching photographs using Photoshop. This is the best 250-pages worth of full-color instruction created on the subject, by the hottest new author/leader in the community. Scotts other book, Photoshop Down & Dirty Tricks became an instant bestseller when it first came out (for version 5.5); his training videos have won him legions of fans. If youre new to digital photography and are looking for your first golden tutorial, read this book now. If you already own a book on digital photo retouching, you may want to take a look into the stuff that Scott Kelby teaches. Its his specialty, and its your career.