Synopses & Reviews
Whether you’re a professional photographer or the family shutterbug, you can’t afford to miss the third edition of the now classic Photoshop Restoration & Retouching. Katrin Eismann and co-author Wayne Palmer have reviewed, updated, and revised every single technique to address the most important features in Adobe Photoshop CS2. Clear step-by-step instructions using professional examples highlight the tools and techniques photographers, designers, restoration studios, and beauty retouchers use to restore valuable antique images, retouch portraits, and enhance glamour photography. With new example images illustrating the tutorials, Photoshop Restoration & Retouching,
Third Edition will show you how to transform faded, damaged photographs into beautiful images that are as clear and crisp
as the day they were taken—maybe even better—and how to turn casual snapshots and studio portraits into the most flattering
images possible. Full-color, step-by-step examples show you how to:
• Correct extreme exposure errors and improve color, contrast, and tone
• Rescue heirloom originals suffering from mold damage, cracks, and torn edges—even replace missing image
• Remove dust and scratches quickly and easily
• Transform your photos into beautiful, original works of art by converting them to black-and-white or tinted images
• Use a variety of sharpening techniques and tonalcorrection tools to add life and sparkle to digital photos
• Enhance portraits by removing blemishes, reducing wrinkles, and enhancing eyes, lips, and hair, while maintaining the subject’s essential character
• Apply the secrets that the top retouchers in the glamour and beauty industry use to perfect skin, make-up, and hair
About the Author
Katrin Eismann is an internationally respected teacher and lecturer on photographic imaging, restoration, retouching, and the impact of
emerging technologies on photography and the arts. Katrin received an undergraduate degree in photographic illustration from the Rochester Institute of Technology and her Master of Fine Arts degree in design at the School of Visual Arts in New York City. Her other books include Photoshop Masking & Compositing and Real World Digital Photography.
In 2005, she was inducted into the Photoshop Hall of Fame by the National Association of Photoshop Professionals. Wayne Palmer is the principal of Palmer Multimedia Imaging, which offers custom photography, video, and restoration services. Wayne has worked with Adobe Photoshop since version 3; teaches Photoshop and digital photography classes; and is the technical editor of numerous books on digital imaging techniques.