Synopses & Reviews
Plant Breeding Reviews presents state-of-the-art reviews on plant breeding and genetics covering horticultural, agronomic and forestry crops, incorporating both traditional and molecular methods. The contributions are authored by world authorities, anonymously reviewed, and edited by Professor Jules Janick of Perdue University, USA. The series is an indispensible resource for crop breeders, plant scientists, and teachers involved in crop improvement and genetic resources. Initiated in 1983, Plant Breeding Reviews is published in the form of one or two volumes per year.
Recently published articles include:
- Epigenetics and Plant Breeding (v30)
- Enhancing Crop Gene Pools with Beneficial Traits Using Wild Relatives (v30)
- Coffee Germplasm Resources, Genomics and Breeding (v30)
- Molecular Genetics and Breeding for Fatty Acid Manipulation in Soybean (v30)
- Breeding Southern Highbush Blueberries (v30)
- Development of Fire Blight Resistance by Recombinant DNA Technology (v29)
Plant Breeding Reviewspresents state-of-the-art reviews on plant genetics and the breeding of all types of crops by both traditional means and molecular methods. Many of the crops widely grown today stem from a very narrow genetic base; understanding and preserving crop genetic resources is vital to the security of food systems worldwide. The emphasis of the series is on methodology, a fundamental understanding of crop genetics, and applications to major crops. It is a serial title that appears in the form of one or two volumes per year.
Table of Contents
1. Dedication: Francesco Salamini Plant Geneticist and Plant Breeder (Dorothea Bartels)
2. Epigenetic and Plant Breeding (Athanasios S. Tsaftaris, Alexios N. Polidoros, Aliki Kapazoglou, Eleni Tani, and Nives M. Kovacevic)
3. Enhancing Crop Gene Pools with Beneficial Traits Using Wild Relatives (Sangam L. Dwivedi, Hari D. Upadhyaya, H. Thomas Stalker, Matthew W. Blair, David J. Bertioli, Stephan Nielen, and Rodomiro Ortiz)
4. Allelopathic Crop Development: Molecular and Traditional Plant Breeding Approaches (Cecile Bertin, Leslie A. Weston, and Harlene Kaur)
5. Molecular Genetics and Breeding for Fatty Acid Manipulation in Soybean (Andrea J. Cardinal)
6. Improving Breeding Efficiency for Early Maturity in Peanut (S.N. Nigam and R. Aruna)
7. Ploidy Manipulation for Breeding Seedless Triploid Citrus (Patrick Ollitrault, Domonique Dambier, Francois Luro, and Yann Froelicher)
8. Breeding Southern Highbrush Blueberries (Paul Lyrene)
9. Coffee Germplasm Resources, Genomics and Breeding (Fernando E. Bega, Andreas W. Ebert, and Ray Ming)
Cumulative Subject Index.
Cumulative Contributor Index.