Synopses & Reviews
Plodney Creeper, a decidedly oddball sloth because of his speed, discovers that there are advantages to being different.
Blue Bananas Teacher's Guide Based on the Blue Bananas series, this resource for teachers helps reinforce what students learn in their core reading program, through engaging activities that focus on reading skills. Teachers will find:
- activities that highlight the book's main message and tie students' responses to reading, writing, speaking, listening, and representing
- activities that connect the topic of the book to other curriculum areas
- notes to teachers with suggestions on how to implement an activity, adapt the activity to different levels and interests, and involve the home and community
- quizzes to help assess an individual student's comprehension
- reproducible blackline masters for students to use as worksheets for an activity
- 60 pages; 8 1/2 x 11"; binder; B&W text; full-color cover
Blue Bananas are exciting short stories for beginner readers that bridge the gap between picture books and text-based books. Clear type, speech bubbles, and engaging illustrations on every page help young readers make the transition from books emphasizing pictures to books emphasizing text. A perfect way to share story-telling and build reading skills.
- full-color illustrations on every page provide a recognizable format for children
- speech bubbles allow less experienced readers to enjoy reading what the characters say as the story is read aloud to them
- short blocks of text allow more advanced readers to read along
- Guided Reading level indicated for each book
- Teacher's Guide reinforces and enhances skills learned in the core reading program