Synopses & Reviews
A self-help classic with more than a million copies in print.
Dr. Murphy combines time-honored spiritual wisdom with cutting-edge scientific research to explain the influence of the subconscious mind. He also presents simple, practical, and proven-effective exercises that can turn the mind into a powerful tool for improving everyday life.
Filled with inspiring real-life success stories, this invaluable user's guide to the mind unlocks the secrets to success in a wide range of endeavors including:
- Increasing health and even curing the body of many common ailments
- Getting that much-wanted promotion, the much-needed raise, and well-deserved recognition
- Building confidence to do anything-no matter the risks
- Developing friendships and enhancing existing relationships with co-workers, family, and friends
- Strengthening marriage or primary love relationship
- Overcoming phobias, compulsions, and bad habits
- Learning the secret of "eternal youth" and much, much more!
A pioneering self-help bestseller, this guide has now been revised to reflect breakthrough findings on the force of positive thinking. Dr. Murphy combines ancient spiritual wisdom with cutting-edge scientific research to illuminate the integral connection between thoughts and one's daily quality of living.
About the Author
Joseph Murphy, Ph.D., D.D., was Minister-Director of the Church of Divine Science for 28 years, and a recognized authority on mysticism and mind dynamics. He wrote many bestselling books, and was renowned for his ability to translate the articles of faith of world religions into practical techniques that are usable by people in everyday life.
Ian McMahon, Ph.D., has spent many years as a lecturer, teacher, and researcher in the field of motivation. He is the author of many books including Get it Done!: A Guide to Motivation, Determination, and Achievement.