Synopses & Reviews
Here are just a few of the ideas in this book that parents have actually used to make life with young children easier:
- Keep a rubber band around the toilet tissue roll to prevent waste and clogged toilets due to "flushing fascination."
- Drape a towel over the top of the bathroom door to keep children from shutting it tightly and locking themselves in.
- Listen. Acknowledge the source of frustration.
- Whisper in your child's ear. The screaming may stop or turn into a giggle.
- Disappear into another room. You'll feel better and the tantrum will lose steam.
- Sit your child in a high chair to prevent "wandering." Spread a newspaper underneath.
- Remove gum from hair with peanut butter. Work it into the hair and then comb out both gum and peanut butter.