Synopses & Reviews
The fast, easy way to master the essentials of Spanish
Now, learning Spanish can be as easy as uno, dos, tres! Combining the quick- reference virtues of a phrase book with the learning tools of a full-fledged language course, this popular guide gives you a solid start. Completely revised and updated for today's usage, Practical Spanish Grammar gives you:
- A proven interactive format that has been tested, rewritten, and retested to ensure you can teach yourself at your own pace
- Exercises to reinforce what you've learned
- Clear explanations of approximately 80 percent of Spanish grammatical structures
- Over 1,000 of the most frequently used Spanish words
- Sample dialogues with cultural notes and lists of terms
This self-paced guide covers the information offered in an introductory Spanish course. Each of the 15 accessible lessons provides a vocabulary list, a sample dialogue using these terms, and a quick review of the grammar involved.
About the Author
MARCIAL PRADO is Professor of Spanish and International Business at California State University, Fullerton. Born in Spain, he received his Ph.D. in linguistics and Spanish from Georgetown University. He is the author of Advanced Spanish Grammar, another Wiley Self-Teaching Guide.