Synopses & Reviews
Cutting-edge techniques for equipping your IT organization to meet the challenges of today's business world
Today's leaner, meaner, total quality business organizations look to information technology to provide them with a sustainable competitive advantage. That's why the IT managers who are in greatest demand are those who are well versed in modern strategic planning techniques and capable of developing a dynamic IT organization ever alert to their companies' current and future business needs. Written by an author at the cutting edge of today's IT business strategy revolution, this book offers you a clear, easy-to-implement action plan for reengineering your business's IT organization with an eye to building, sustaining, and expanding a competitive advantage. You will find:
- Charts and templates that an IT staff can customize and use today
- Techniques for overcoming most architecture problems, including a diagramming technique for drawing exceptionally clear blueprints
- An in-depth discussion of business IT alignment
- How to design an internal IT business economy
- Tips on how to get the biggest bang for the buck while optimizing customer service
- Proven techniques that radically improve application development through object-oriented technologies, data servers, and prototyping
About the Author
BERNARD H. BOAR is an information technology business strategist and consultant for AT&T and Bell Laboratories Quest. He is a well-known author and speaker on information technology with more than twenty-four years of experience. His other books include Implementing Client /Server Computing: A Strategic Perspective and The Art of Strategic Planning for Information Technology (Wiley).
Table of Contents
The State of I/T Circa 1995.
I/T Planning and Forecasting.
Management Philosophy and Style.