Synopses & Reviews
Learn the Spanish you need. Gain the language skills you want.
Practice Makes Perfect: Basic Spanish is a trusted companion to your Spanish-learning experience. In each bite-sized lesson, author Dorothy Richmond explains one--and only one--grammar concept and illustrates it with many clear examples. The accompanying fun and interesting exercises let you practice, practice, practice what you have learned. Although these lessons are purposely short so you can complete them in twenty minutes or less, you can go at a pace that works for you.
This guide/workbook will help you master
present tense verb conjugation • the ser and estar verb forms • adjectives • possessive pronouns • sentence structures • the contractions al and del • indefinite articles • tener idioms • and more
Whether you are learning on your own or taking a beginning Spanish class, Practice Makes Perfect: Basic Spanish will help you build your confidence.
About the Author
Dorothy Richmond is an experienced teacher of Spanish and bestselling author of Spanish language-learning grammars.
Table of Contents
1. Definite articles; Family
2. Indefinite articles; Around the House
3. Yo tengo and yo quiero; Animals
4. The use of hay; The classroom
5. Subject pronouns; Common -ar verbs; Regular -ar verbs; Days of the week
6. Clothing; -Ar verb endings
7. Regular -er verbs; Food and drink
8. -Er verb endings; Common -er verbs
9. Forms of adjectives; Colors; Expressing "I like"
10. Descriptive adjectives; Expressing "more than"
11. Regular -ir verbs; Common -ir verbs
12. Asking questions; Interrogatives
Etc. (Chaps. 13-50)