Synopses & Reviews
Feast your eyes on the collected memorabilia of the real Alyss! This lavishly illustrated scrapbook includes:
- Alyss embattled correspondence with Lewis Carroll
- Actual annotated manuscript pages from Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, as well as the early reviews of the book
- A flip book given to Alyss by John Tenniel, the original illustrator of Carroll's whimsical tale
- Journal entries and detailed drawings describing the indelible mark that Wonderland left on the young Alyss
- Removable letters that the princess wrote to her loved ones back home
- And a playable deck of cards created by Alyss to battle the imposter Alice.
This is a book for fans of fantasy and of the bestselling ology books, for Lewis Carroll scholars, and especially for young girls in search of a fresh, new, princess story.
Enter the exciting world of the real Alyss of Wonderland Behold the stunning proof that the fictitious little girl you have known as Alice was actually a very real little princess named Alyss. Assembled in this scrapbook are the collected letters, journals, and art of the princess who fled her world of wonder only to find herself alone in our world with nothing but her imagination to sustain her. Lavishly illustrated and fully interactive, this book will captivate and delight princess enthusiasts and fans of the original Alice's Adventures in Wonderland.
About the Author
Frank Beddor is the author of the New York Times bestseller The Looking Glass Wars, the young-adult novel that first introduced young readers to the true story of Alyss. He lives in Los Angeles, California.