Synopses & Reviews
Blogging has become a popular and fascinating pastime for many, but more and more bloggers are finding it can also be an excellent source of direct or indirect income. Although the barriers to starting a blog are low, without expert guidance it is easy to get frustrated when success doesn't match expectations. Written by the creator of the world's #1 resource for making money with blogs, ProBlogger takes the reader from absolute beginner to earning money from or as a result of blogging. Through step by step practical lessons the reader will choose a blog topic, analyze the market, set up a blog, promote it and earn revenue.
Unlike other books that are big on potential and theory, ProBlogger provides results based on the authors own experience of what really works through practical, tried and tested advice. Inside readers will learn: How Bloggers Make Money Direct Income Earning vs. Indirect Income Earning methods Why Niches are Important Using 20 critical blogging tools How to leverage Social Media to enhance and increase blog readership and revenue 20 Ingredients for a successful blog post Optimizing advertising Which advertising platforms work best Expert analysis of Technocrat's Top Blogs - why they work
and so much more.
A complete how-to from two of the world’s top bloggers
Thousands of aspiring bloggers launch new blogs every day, hoping to boost their income. Without solid advice from experts, most will fail. This bestselling guide, now fully revised with new and updated tips and tricks from two of the world’s most successful bloggers, provides the step-by-step information bloggers need to turn their hobby into an income source or a fulltime career.
- Earning a solid income from blogging is possible, but tricky; this book details proven techniques and gives aspiring bloggers the tools to succeed
- Even novices will learn to choose a blog topic, analyze the market, set up a blog, promote it, and earn revenue
- Offers solid, step-by-step instruction on how bloggers make money, why niches matter, how to use essential blogging tools and take advantage of social media and content aggregators, what a successful blog post should include, how to optimize advertising, and much more
Written by two fulltime professional bloggers, the updated edition of ProBlogger tells you exactly how to launch and maintain a blog that makes money.
Turn your passion for blogging into extra revenue
There are no magic wands, hidden tricks, or secret handshakes that can bring you immediate success in the blogging world, but with the help of this book, you can get there. Written by two leading authorities on creating and monetizing blogs, ProBlogger carefully lays out the steps you need to follow to create a revenue-generating blog. From choosing a topic and publishing your first post to promoting your site using social media and receiving your first check, you'll find out what really works.
Packed with practical, tried and tested advice, this guide shows you how to:
- Choose the right blog tools and platforms
- Find your niche so you can excel
- Start writing in a way that attracts visitors
- Follow winning strategies on how to earn income with your blog
- Drive readers to your blog through Twitter®, Facebook®, and Digg
- Select the best advertising services
- Uncover the secrets of successful blogs
About the Author
Darren Rowse launched ProBlogger.net in 2004, where he advises fellow bloggers on every aspect of blogging. He's also the blogger behind the successful Digital-Photography-School.com. His blogs are read by over 3 million people per month and he has been making a fulltime living from blogging since 2005.Chris Garrett is a fulltime blogger and new media consultant who has been involved commercially with the Internet since 1994.
Table of Contents
1 Blogging for Money.
2 Niche Blogging.
3 Setting Up Your Blog.
4 Blog Writing.
5 Blog Income and Earning Strategies.
6 Buying and Selling Blogs.
7 Blog Promotion and Marketing.
8 Social Media and Your Blog.
9 Secrets of Successful Blogs.
10 Creating Something Worthwhile.
11 Taking Your Blog to the Next Level: A Case Study.