Synopses & Reviews
This is the second part of a four part series that covers discussion of computer design tools throughout the design process. Through this book, the reader will...
- ...understand basic design principles and all digital design paradigms.
- ...understand CAD/CAE/CAM tools available for various design related tasks.
- ...understand how to put an integrated system together to conduct All Digital Design (ADD).
- ...understand industrial practices in employing ADD and tools for product development.
- Provides a comprehensive and thorough coverage of essential elements for product manufacturing and cost estimating using the computer aided engineering paradigm
- Covers CAD/CAE in virtual manufacturing, tool path generation, rapid prototyping, and cost estimating; each chapter includes both analytical methods and computer-aided design methods, reflecting the use of modern computational tools in engineering design and practice
- A case study and tutorial example at the end of each chapter provides hands-on practice in implementing off-the-shelf computer design tools
- Provides two projects at the end of the book showing the use of Pro/ENGINEER(R) and SolidWorks(R) to implement concepts discussed in the book