Synopses & Reviews
Wrox Professional Guides are a one-to-one session with experienced developers who want to share their hard-won knowledge with you. These books are a digest of techniques and t=methods that have been proven in the field. You will gain a clear understanding of the technology by seeing practical examples built for bullet-proof operation. You will be able to extend and customize the knowledge in this book, giving you a smooth path to great programming.
The Wrox Philosophy
Our aim to make you successful by sharing with you the knowledge of experienced programers at every stage in your career.
This book is for Win32 programmers taking up the challenge of building distributed applications using the new component object model. Although there is strong emphasis on the practicalities of distributed object design and usage, the text is also a complete examination of programming under COM. You should be very familiar with C++ and preferably have experience of using MFC. The code is described and developed using Visual C++ 5, MFC and ATL.
What does this book cover?
- Full appraisal of COM
- Dissection of the Distributed COM framework
- Practical explanation of MIDL syntax and structure
- In-depth examination of marshaling
- Active Template Library 2.x programming
- The complete multithreaded approach to programming
- Distributed component security
- Creating DCOM servers as Windows NT services
- Microsoft Transaction Server