Synopses & Reviews
Coverage of the individual libraries and frameworks includes:
- Prototype: Extending and Enhancing DOM Elements
- Prototype: Handling Cross-Browser Events
- Prototype: Simplifying AJAX and Dynamic Data
- Prototype: Working with Forms
- Prototype: Manipulating Common Data Structures and Functions
- Prototype: Extending Prototype
- Yahoo! User Interface Library (YUI): Traversing and Manipulating the DOM with YUI
- YUI: Handling Cross-Browser Events
- YUI: Using Animation and Drag and Drop
- YUI: Simplifying AJAX and Dynamic Loading
- YUI: Building User Interfaces with Widgets
- Enhancing Development with the YUI Core
- YUI: Dealing with Data, Tables, and Charts
- Working with YUI CSS Tools
- Building and Deploying YUI
- ExtJS: Architecture and Library Conventions
- ExtJS: Elements, DomHelper, and Templates
- ExtJS: Components, Layouts, and Windows
- ExtJS: Handling Data and Talking with the Server
- ExtJS: DataViews and Grids
- ExtJS: Form Controls, Validation
- Dojo: Enhancing Development with Dojo Core
- Dojo: Manipulating the DOM
- Dojo: Handling Events
- Dojo: Composing Animations
- Dojo: Working with AJAX and Dynamic Data
- Dojo: Building User Interfaces with Widgets
- Building and Deploying Dojo
- Expanding Dojo
- Enhancing Development with MooTools
- MooTools: Manipulating the DOM and Handling Events
- MooTools: Simplifying AJAX and Handling Dynamic Data
- MooTools: Building User Interfaces and Using Animation
Note: CD-ROM/DVD and other supplementary materials are not included as part of eBook file.
Prototype, YUI, Ext JS, Dojo and MooTools
What you will learn from this book
The Prototype framework: handling cross-browser events, manipulating common data functions, simplifying AJAX and dynamic data, and more
Yahoo! User Interface (YUI) library: using animation and drag and drop, building user interfaces with widgets, working with YUI CSS tools, and more
Ext JS framework: talking with the server, using dataviews and grids, dealing with form controls and validation, and more
The Dojo framework: manipulating the DOM, composing animators, deploying and expanding Dojo, and more
The MooTools framework: enhancing development with MooTools, building user interfaces and using animation, and more
Who this book is for
Wrox Professional guides are planned and written by working programmers to meet the real-world needs of programmers, developers, and IT professionals. Focused and relevant, they address the issues technology professionals face every day. They provide examples, practical solutions, and expert education in new technologies, all designed to help programmers do a better job.
Table of Contents
Part I: Prototype.
Chapter 1: Extending and Enhancing DOM Elements.
Chapter 2: Handling Cross-Browser Events.
Chapter 3: Simplifying AJAX and Dynamic Data.
Chapter 4: Working with Forms.
Chapter 5: Manipulating Common Data Structures and Functions.
Chapter 6: Extending Prototype.
Part II: Yahoo! User Interface Library.
Chapter 7: Traversing and Manipulating the DOM with YUI.
Chapter 8: Handling Cross-Browser Events.
Chapter 9: Using Animation and Drag and Drop.
Chapter 10: Simplifying AJAX and Dynamic Loading.
Chapter 11: Building User Interfaces with Widgets (Part I).
Chapter 12: Building User Interfaces with Widgets (Part II).
Chapter 13: Enhancing Development with the YUI Core.
Chapter 14: Dealing with Data, Tables, and Charts.
Chapter 15: Working with YUI CSS Tools.
Chapter 16: Building and Deploying.
Part III: Ext JS.
Chapter 17: Architecture and Library Conventions.
Chapter 18: Elements, DomHelper, and Templates.
Chapter 19: Components, Layouts, and Windows.
Chapter 20: Handling Data and Talking with the Server.
Chapter 21: DataViews and Grids.
Chapter 22: Form Controls, Validation, and a Whole Lot More.
Part IV: Dojo.
Chapter 23: Enhancing Development with Dojo Core.
Chapter 24: Manipulating the Dom.
Chapter 25: Handling Events.
Chapter 26: Composing Animations.
Chapter 27: Working with Ajax and Dynamic Data.
Chapter 28: Building User Interfaces with Widgets.
Chapter 29: Building and Deploying Dojo.
Chapter 30: Expanding Dojo.
Part V: MooTools.
Chapter 31: Enhancing Development with MooTools.
Chapter 32: Manipulating the Dom and Handling Events.
Chapter 33: Simplifying Ajax and Handling Dynamic Data.
Chapter 34: Building User Interfaces and Using Animation.