Synopses & Reviews
Create high-performance, visually stunning 3D applications for the Web with HTML5 and the emerging web graphics standard, WebGL. With this book, youll learn hands-on how to take your websites production values to a new level by incorporating 3D models and animations, mind-blowing visual effects, and advanced user interaction.
Author Tony Parisi (WebGL: Up and Running) helps you dive deep into core WebGL technical issues, as well as related rendering and animation technologies such as Canvas and CSS3. Youll also learn how to deal with real-world programming concerns, including developing 3D for mobile platforms, performance optimization, and memory management.
3D Application Development Techniques:
- Explore the underlying HTML5 APIs and technologies for creating 3D web graphics, including WebGL, Canvas, and CSS
- Gain practical experience with the popular open source 3D rendering and animation libraries Three.js and Tween.js
- Learn about popular open source frameworks and content creation tools used in the industry today to create killer 3D applications
- Get experience developing reusable modules and functioning applications by working with examples and supporting code
- Gain insight into real-world deployment topics, including developing for mobile platforms and high performance 3D application design
Create high-performance, visually stunning 3D applications for the Web, using HTML5 and related technologies such as CSS3 and WebGL—the emerging web graphics standard. With this book, youll learn how to use the tools, frameworks, and libraries for building 3D models and animations, mind-blowing visual effects, and advanced user interaction in both desktop and mobile browsers.
- Explore HTML5 APIs and related technologies for creating 3D web graphics, including WebGL, Canvas, and CSS
- Delve into the 3D content creation pipeline, and the modeling and animation tools for creating killer 3D content
- Look into several game engines and frameworks for building 3D applications, including the authors Vizi framework
- Create 3D environments with multiple objects and complex interaction, using examples and supporting code
- Examine the issues involved in building WebGL-based 3D applications for mobile browsers
About the Author
Tony Parisi is an entrepreneur and career CTO/architect. He has developed international standards and protocols, created noteworthy software products, and started and sold technology companies. Tony's passion for innovating is exceeded only by his desire to bring coolness and fun to the broadest possible audience.
Tony is perhaps best known for his work as a pioneer of 3D standards for the web. He is the co-creator of VRML and X3D, ISO standards for networked 3D graphics. He also co-developed SWMP, a real-time messaging protocol for multi-user virtual worlds. Tony continues to build community around innovations in 3D as the co-chair of the WebGL Meetup and a founder of the Rest3D working group.
Tony is currently a partner in a stealth online gaming startup and has a consulting practice developing social games, virtual worlds and location-based services for San Francisco Bay Area clients.