Synopses & Reviews
Youll start by learning core concepts such as the Model-View-Controller architectural pattern, and then work your way toward advanced topics. The authors demonstrate ASP.NET MVC 4 best practices and techniques by building a sample online auction site ("EBuy") throughout the book.
- Learn the similarities between ASP.NET MVC 4 and Web Forms
- Use Entity Framework to create and maintain an application database
- Create rich web applications, using jQuery for client-side development
- Incorporate AJAX techniques into your web applications
- Learn how to create and expose ASP.NET Web API services
- Deliver a rich and consistent experience for mobile devices
- Apply techniques for error handling, automated testing, and build automation
- Use various options to deploy your ASP.NET MVC 4 application
Learn how to build real-world applications with the ASP.NET MVC framework, using powerful architecture patterns, and modern web technologies such as HTML 5 and jQuery. With this hands-on guide, youll gain a complete understanding of this framework with examples that demonstrate how various ASP.NET MVC 4 features work. Youll also get valuable code examples that you can directly apply to your own projects.
This practical book also includes tips, tricks, and best practices for web application development in general and ASP.NET MVC 4 in particular—including pitfalls you need to avoid.
Key topics include:
- Web application architecture(s)
- The ASP.NET MVC 4 framework
- Mobile web development
- Cloud architecture and development
About the Author
Jess Chadwick is an independent software consultant specializing in web technologies. He has over a decade of development experience ranging from embedded devices in start-ups to enterprise-scale web farms at Fortune 500s. He is an ASPInsider, Microsoft MVP in ASP.NET and is an avid community member, frequently delivering technical presentations as well as leading the NJDOTNET Central New Jersey .NET user group. Jess lives in the Philadelphia, PA area with his wonderful wife, baby daughter, and black lab.
Todd Snyder is a Software Architect, Consultant and Speaker who specialized in N-Tier and Web Application development on the Microsoft Platform, he has over 18+ years experiences and currently works At Infragistics as a Principal Consultant helping customers achieve success.
Architect and RIA Specialist
Table of Contents