Synopses & Reviews
Develop next-generation web applications with ASP.NET MVC
Go deep into the architecture and features of ASP.NET MVC 5, and learn how to build web applications that work well on both the desktop and mobile devices. Web development expert Dino Esposito takes you through the web framework’s Model-View-Controller (MVC) design model, and covers the tools you need to cleanly separate business logic from the user interface. If you’re an experienced web developer new to ASP.NET MVC, this practical guide will get you going.
Discover how to:
- Build web applications that are easy to test and maintain
- Dive into the functions of controllers—the heart of an MVC site
- Explore the structure and behavior of a view engine
- Process a variety of input data using a custom model binder
- Automate the writing of input forms, and streamline validation
- Design websites for mobile devices, localization, and error handling
- Provide security by implementing a membership system
- Use Responsive Web Design to make sites mobile-friendly
Delve into the features and architecture of the ASP.NET MVC 5 framework—and develop highly customizable and maintainable applications. Deftly guided by web development luminary Dino Esposito, youll learn how the Model, View, Controller programming model differs from—and improves upon—standard ASP.NET Web Forms. If youre an experienced web developer, this book is an ideal way to get started with ASP.NET MVC 5.
Discover how to:
- Build applications using numerous project examples and sample code
- Plunge into the frameworks internal mechanics
- Gain complete control over HTML output
- Use ASP.NET MVC for applications that target multiple devices
About the Author
Dino Esposito is a well-known web development expert. He speaks at industry events, including DevConnections and Microsoft TechEd, contributes to MSDN Magazine and other publications, and has written several popular Microsoft Press books, including Microsoft ASP.NET and AJAX: Architecting Web Applications.
Table of Contents