Synopses & Reviews
Get the straightforward information you need to learn the core programmability features in SQL Server 2005. This guide offers hands-on programming instruction, practical examples, and code samples to help you design and develop robust database applications and business intelligence solutions.
Discover how to:
- Program views, stored procedures, triggers, and functions using T-SQL
- Work with the new XML data type and XQuery method
- Automate common administration and maintenance tasks
- Debug databases, reports, and objects using Microsoft Visual Studio 2005
- Write transactional code and implement local and distributed transactions
- Develop mobile data applications using SQL Server 2005 Everywhere Edition
- Use SQL Server Notification Services to develop applications that deliver event-driven notifications to users
- Use business intelligence tools, such as SQL Server Reporting Services and OLAP and data mining components
- PLUS—Get C# code samples on the Web
A hands-on reference for developers and database administrators, this book covers the basics of developing customized database applications with Microsoft SQL Server 2005. Includes code samples and real-world, expert insight. This thorough, hands-on reference for developers and database administrators teaches the basics of programming custom applications with Microsoft SQL Server 2005. You will learn the fundamentals of creating database applications--including coverage of Transact SQL, Microsoft. NET, and Microsoft ADO.NET. In addition to practical guidance on database architecture and design, application development, and reporting and data analysis, this essential reference guide covers performance, tuning, and availability of SQL Server 2005. The authors have extensive experience with SQL Server 2005, having worked with the technology since the earliest code, and share their real-world, expert insight into SQL Server programmability. Includes extensive code examples.
About the Author
Andrew J. Brust is the Chief, New Technology at twentysix New York, a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner specializing in business intelligence, enterprise integration and Microsoft .NET application development. Andrew is a Microsoft Regional Director for New York/New Jersey and a member of Microsoft’s Business Intelligence Partner Advisory Council.