Synopses & Reviews
Get the expert insights, practical code samples, and best practices you need to advance your expertise with Visual Basic .NET 2003. Now updated for Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1, Visual Studio .NET 2003, and Windows Server 2003, this popular reference delves even deeper into Visual Basic .NET capabilities—and accelerates your productivity with new features and techniques—for faster, more reliable code. From fully exploiting the language’s advanced object-oriented capabilities to reusing legacy Visual Basic code, this exhaustive reference delivers the professional, pragmatic guidance you need to produce rich solutions for Microsoft Windows and the Web.
Discover how to:
- Manipulate .NET Framework classes using serialization, threading, and reflection * Create components to better manage large programs and solve versioning issues
- Work with GDI+, custom Windows Forms controls, and Windows services
- Develop database applications using Microsoft ADO.NET and XML data
- Use Web Forms data binding to create sophisticated Internet application interfaces * Utilize Microsoft ASP.NET features such as user and custom controls, caching, security services, and Web services
- NEW—Know how and when to use .NET Remoting and Component Services
- NEW—Call unmanaged code with PInvoke and COM Interop
- NEW—Employ code access security and other techniques to build trustworthy applications
- NEW—Write, debug, and create security settings for Windows Forms applications you deploy over HTTP
Get code, bonus content, and eBooks on CD
- All the Visual Basic .NET 2003 samples featured in the book
- Bonus material on the .NET Framework class hierarchy and tools
- Searchable eBook of the entire text
- Searchable eBook of Programming Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0
For customers who purchase an ebook version of this title, instructions for downloading the CD files can be found in the ebook.
About the Technology: Visual Basic programmers remain the largest group of Microsoft programmers at 3.5 million worldwide. Microsoft Visual Studio .NET version 2003 launched in April 2003
Full Title:-"Programming Microsoft Visual Basic .Net Version 2003"
About the Author
Francesco Balena is a well-known and highly regarded developer and author. He has written numerous Microsoft Press books, including the widely acclaimed Programming Microsoft Visual Basic titles, and edits a popular Web site on .NET programming. Francesco is a cofounder of Code Architects srl, an Italian software company that specializes in using Microsoft technologies to create enterprise-level solutions and programming tools. In addition, he is a regional director for MSDN Italy, and a frequent speaker at developer conferences.