Synopses & Reviews
With the second edition of this popular book, youll learn how to build HTML5 and CSS3-based apps that access geolocation, accelerometer, multi-touch screens, offline storage, and other features in todays smartphones, tablets, and feature phones. The market for mobile apps continues to evolve at a breakneck pace, and this book is the most complete reference available for the mobile web.
Author and mobile development expert Maximiliano Firtman shows you how to develop a standard app core that you can extend to work with specific devices. This updated edition covers many recent advances in mobile development, including responsive web design techniques, offline storage, mobile design patterns, and new mobile browsers, platforms, and hardware APIs.
- Create effective user interfaces for touch devices and different resolution displays
- Understand variations among iOS, Android, Windows Phone, BlackBerry, Firefox OS, and other mobile platforms
- Bypass the browser to create native web apps, ebooks, and PhoneGap applications
- Build apps for browsers and online retailers such as the App Store, Google Play Store, Windows Store, and App World
The market for mobile apps continues to evolve at a breakneck pace, as tablets join the parade of smartphones and feature phones. If youre an experienced web developer, this second edition of this popular book shows you how to build HTML5 and CSS3-based apps that access geolocation, accelerometer, multi touch screens and other features in these mobile devices.
Youll learn how to build a standard app core that you can extend to work with specific devices. Youll also discover how to deal with platform variations, browsers, native web platforms, HTML5 compatibility, design patterns for mobile development, and other issues.
- Learn how to use your existing web skills to move into mobile development
- Discover the particulars and pitfalls of building mobile apps with HTML5, CSS, and other standard web tools
- Create effective user interfaces in the mobile environment for touch and non-touch devices
- Understand variations among iOS, Android, Windows Phone, BlackBerry, and other mobile platforms
- Bypass the browser to create full screen and native web apps, e-books and Apache Cordova (PhoneGap) applications
- Build apps for the App Store, Google Play Store, Windows Marketplace, App World, and other online retailers
About the Author
Maximiliano Firtman is a developer focused on mobile and RIA development. He is a professor in web and mobile technologies, and founder of ITMaster Professional Training. He is author of many books in Spanish, including books on Java ME, ASP.NET, AJAX and Professional Web 2.0.
He is founder and manager of ARFUG (Argentina RIA & Flex User Group), an official Adobe User Group covering many RIA technologies, including AJAX, Flex, AIR and Silverlight. He has spoken at conferences in Spanish and English and published dozens of articles in magazines (.CODE, Users) and online (MaestrosDelWeb, Forum Nokia).
He has been a Forum Nokia Champion since 2006, and has developed many mobile projects as MobileTinyURL.com and widgen.com.
He is an expert in AJAX, Adobe Flex, Java ME, Widgets for Mobile and iPhone development.
Table of Contents