Synopses & Reviews
You ve planned your revision and you know your subject inside out But how do you apply what you have learned to get the best marks in the examination room?
Routledge Q&As give you the ideal opportunity to practice and refine your exam technique, helping you to apply your knowledge most effectively in an exam situation. Each book contains approximately fifty essay and problem-based questions on topics commonly found on exam papers, complete with answer plans and fully worked model answers. Our authors have also highlighted common mistakes as well as offering you tips to achieve the very best marks. What 's more, Routledge Q&As are written by lecturers who are also examiners, giving you an exclusive insight into exactly what examiners are looking for in an answer.
New editions for 2011-2012 include:
- An introduction, with essay-writing and exam preparation advice, written specifically to address the unique demands of the subject under consideration.
- Extra marks text boxes offering tips and advice to help those students aiming for top marks to go the extra mile.
- Common Pitfalls text boxes showing where students often trip up or highlighting areas of potential confusion, to help students avoid making some of these common mistakes.
- Key cases and legislation, highlighted within the text for ease of reference.
- Boxed answer plans after each question, outlining the major points students should be aiming to convey in their answer.
- Books in the series are also supported by a companion website offering online essay-writing tutorials, podcasts, bonus Q&As and multiple-choice questions to help you focus your revision more effectively.
Routledge Q&As give you the tools to practice and refine your exam technique, showing you how to apply your knowledge to maximum effect in an exam situation. Each book contains up to fifty essay and problem-based questions on the most commonly examined topics, complete with expert guidance and fully worked model answers.
These new editions for 2013-2014 will provide you with the skills you need for your exams by:
- Helping you to be prepared: each title in the series has an introduction presenting carefully tailored advice on how to approach assessment for your subject
- Showing you what examiners are looking for: each question is annotated with both a short overview on how to approach your answer, as well as footnoted commentary that demonstrate how model answers meet marking criteria
- Offering pointers on how to gain marks, as well as what common errors could lose them: Aim Higher and Common Pitfalls offer crucial guidance throughout
- Helping you to understand and remember the law: diagrams for each answer work to illuminate difficult legal principles and provide overviews of how model answers are structured
Books in the series are also supported by a Companion Website that offers online essay-writing tutorials, podcasts, bonus Q&As and multiple-choice questions to help you focus your revision more effectively.