Synopses & Reviews
Most primary schools mandate daily reading time. Is your classroom or media center equipped to handle the varied and growing needs of students from kindergarten through fifth grade?
Sleeping Bear Press titles deliver a variety of two-tiered text and grade-appropriate titles covering a wide array of cross-curricular and specialized subjects:
- Books covering animals, holidays and sports are great support for specialized learning units
- Sleeping Bear's acclaimed legends support nonfiction reading in areas of folklore and state history
- Our K-3 volumes set younger children on the path to literacy with fun and informative books perfect for story-time, reading practice and vocabulary development
- For more developed readers in grades 4 and 5, Sleeping Bear titles deliver age-appropriate and throught-provoking stories sure to become classroom favorites
- Finally, our language arts titles are designed to put a smile on the face of any child who enjoys wordplay; also ideal for ESL/ELL students
From acrostics to ballads with meter and metaphor, this collection of poems illustrates poetic tools, terms, and techniques so readers can see the method at work.