Synopses & Reviews
This classic book is a must-have for anyone involved in radio production, covering everything from operational techniques and producing different programme formats, to conducting interviews and writing for radio.
The fifth edition features new and updated information on:
* digital production, such as the computer editing process, digital recording and DAB
* the internet and internet-only radio stations
* automatic playout systems
* storytelling, showing simple ways of creating different acoustics for drama
* station management
* remote reporting
This edition is further enhanced by a supporting CD-Rom, packed with examples, exercises and resources.
* Learn from a trusted classic - with editions spanning over 25 years, a generation of radio broadcasters have benefited from this book
* Get up to speed fast on digital production techniques and modern working practice
* Listen to examples and check your knowledge using exercises included on the free CD-Rom
Table of Contents
Characteristics of the medium; The radio studio; Ethics; Writing for the ear; News policy and practice; Interviewing; Vox pop; Cues and links; Newsreading and presentation; The discussion; Phone-ins; Listener participation; Music programming; Sequences and magazines; Making commercials; Outside broadcasts (remotes); Commentary; Music recording; Drama principles; Documentary and feature programmes; The work of the producer; The executive producer; Programme evaluation; Training; Back-announcement; CD-Rom; Websites; Glossary; Further reading; Index