Synopses & Reviews
She has no time to take a break after playing a key role in the arrest of dangerous fugitive Nicholas Janssen. But with Janssen fighting extradition from his Dutch prison, U.S. diplomatic security agent Maggie Spencer isn't about to back off--even when U.S. marshal Rob Dunnemore turns up asking some very tough questions. Maggie has no reason to trust Rob, especially when she learns he has a personal interest: he was almost killed, thanks to Janssen.
Then Maggie and Rob discover the body of one of Janssen's associates floating in a canal, and they realize there's another killer on the loose. Determined to tie the case up, Maggie heads to upstate New York following a questionable lead. Knowing she's holding back on him, Rob's right on her tail. And now she has no choice but to trust him. Because a trap has been set and they have both walked right into it.
"No one does romantic suspense better!" (New York Times bestselling author Janet Evanovich)
- Carla Neggers' successes on the bestseller lists indicate that she is one of the rising stars in women's fiction.
- Cold Ridge (Mira Books, 8/03), spent four weeks on the New York Times extended bestseller list, reaching #21, and three weeks on the USA Today list.
- The Harbor (Mira Books, 1/03) reached #16 on the published New York Times bestseller list, and spent several weeks on the USA Today and Publishers Weekly bestseller lists.
- Stonebrook Cottage (Mira Books, 8/02) reached #29 on the New York Times extended bestselller list and $56 on the USA Today bestseller list.
- The Cabin (Mira Books, 1/02) spent four weeks on the New York Times extended bestseller list, reaching #24.
The "New York Times" bestselling author returns with a novel of suspense, romance, and adventure. A diplomatic agent and a federal marshal are on the trail of an international fugitive. When they stumble upon a dead body, they have only each other to trust to crack the case. Original.
About the Author
Carla Neggers is the New York Times bestselling author of more than 60 novels, novellas and short stories. Her work has been translated into 24 languages and sold in more than 30 countries. She is a popular speaker around the country as well as a founding member of the New England Chapter of RWA, past president of Novelists, Inc., and past vice president of International Thriller Writers. She and her husband live in a house on a hilltop not far from picturesque Quechee Gorge.