Synopses & Reviews
Plant Breeding Reviews
presents state-of-the-art reviews on plant breeding and genetics covering horticultural, agronomic and forestry crops, incorporating both traditional and molecular methods. The contributions are authored by world authorities, anonymously reviewed, and edited by Professor Jules Janick of Purdue University, USA. The series is an indispensible resource for crop breeders, plant scientists, and teachers involved in crop improvement and genetic resources. Initiated in 1983, Plant Breeding Reviews
is published in the form of one or two volumes per year.
Recently published articles include:
- Epigenetics and Plant Breeding (v30)
- Enhancing Crop Gene Pools with Beneficial Traits Using Wild Relatives (v30)
- Coffee Germplasm Resources, Genomics and Breeding (v30)
- Molecular Genetics and Breeding for Fatty Acid Manipulation in Soybean (v30)
- Breeding Southern Highbush Blueberries (v30)
- Development of Fire Blight Resistance by Recombinant DNA Technology (v29)
Plant Breeding Reviews presents state-of-the-art reviews on plant genetics and the breeding of all types of crops by both traditional means and molecular methods. Many of the crops widely grown today stem from a very narrow genetic base; understanding and preserving crop genetic resources is vital to the security of food systems worldwide. The emphasis of the series is on methodology, a fundamental understanding of crop genetics, and applications to major crops. It is a serial title that appears in the form of one or two volumes per year. Typical articles from recent volumes include:
Genetic Markers and Plant Genetic Resource Management
Long Term Pollen Storage
Breeding Perennial Rye
Genetics of Wheat-Rust Interaction
Origin, Evolution and Breeding of the Grapefruit
Plant Anti-fungal Proteins
Utilization of Exotic Maize Germplasm
Breeding Wild Rice
Table of Contents
1. Dedication: Derek Jennings and Hugh A. Daubeny. (Berry Breeders Extraordinaire (Kim E. Hummer, Rex Brennan, S. Nikki Jennings, Brian Williamson, and Harvey K. Hall).
I. Derek Jennings.
II. Selected Publications of Derek Jennings.
III. Hugh A. Daubeny.
IV. Selected Publications of Hugh A. Daubeny.
2. Raspberry Breeding and Genetics (Harvey K. Hall, Kim E. Hummer, Andrew R. Jamieson, S. Nikki Jennings, and Courtney A. Weber).
II. Germplasm Resources, Exploration, and Maintenance.
III. Breeding Technology.
IV. Breeding Systems.
V. Breeding for Specific Characters.
VI. Achievements and Prospects.
Cumulative Subject Index.
Cumulative Contributor Index.